Development of new synthetic methodologies and their applications to synthesis of architecturally complex natural products or model compounds having pharmacological importance.
Asymmetric synthesis, medicinal chemistry.
- Synthesis of polycyclic coumarin derivatives by combined Claisen rearrangement, Ring-closing metathesis and Diels-Alder reaction Chattopadhyay, S. K.; Biswas, T.; Neogi, K. Chem. Lett. 2006, 35, 376.
- Sequential double Claisen rearrangement and two-directional Ring-closing metathesis as a route to various benzofused bisoxepin and bisoxocin derivatives Chattopadhyay, S. K.; Biswas, T.; Maity, S. Synlett. 2006, 2211.
- Regio- and Stereoselective Synthesis of Pterocarpan Derivatives on a Carbazole Scaffold by Cascade Sigmatropic Rearrangements.Chattopadhyay, S. K.; Ghosh, D.; Biswas, T. Synlett. 2006, 3358.
- Formation of medium-ring heterocycles by diene and enyne metathesis Chattopadhyay, S. K.; Karmakar, S.; Biswas, T.; Majumder, K. C.; Rahaman, H.; Roy, B. Tetrahedron. 2007, 63, 3919.
- Complementary routes to both enantiomers of pipecolic acid and 4,5 dihydroxypipecolic acid derivatives Chattopadhyay, S. K.; Biswas, T.; Biswas, T. Tetrahedron Lett. 2008, 49, 1365.
- Synthesis of chiral oxa-and azacycle-fused anthraquinone derivatives. Biswas, T.; Biswas, T.; Chattopadhyay, S. K. Tetrahedron Asymmetry. 2010, 21, 232-236.