Rules Regarding Admission :
- Application Forms and merit list are available online from college website http://gurudascollege.edu.in
- Application for admission should be made in the prescribed application form.
- Application money can be deposited online through Billdesk or offline in any branch of Punjab National Bank.
- Admission in all cases will be conditional on the payment of requisite fees.
- Admission fees must be paid within the date specified, otherwise there is risk of disqualification.
- Admission fees etc. must be paid to Indian Overseas Bank, Phulbagan Branch.
- Forms for registration must be filled in.
- Free Studentship : Students who wish to avail themselves of free studentship are advised to consult the notice board for such notification to be issued within three months of admission.
- Requisite attendance is essential for availing of scholarship and stipend.
- In addition to scholarships and stipends, free coaching classes are held for S.C./S.T., OBC and Minority category students, in (both) remedial and “Entry in Services” Scheme (UGC sponsored).
Documents required at the time of Admission :
- Mark-sheet (original as well as attested photocopy) of last qualifying examination.
- Age-verification certificate (original as well as attested photocopy).
- SC/ST/OBC(A & B) / DA (Certificate for reserved category candidates in original as well as attested photocopy.)
- Registration certificate of the H. S. Council.
- Two photographs (stamp size).
N. B. : All admissions are provisional, subject to University norms.
ATTENDANCE AND CONDUCT :
Once admitted, a student is expected to conduct himself / herself in a manner that upholds the dignity and honour of the institution and refrain from causing any damage to either person or property.
Attendance : Throughout each academic session, class attendance in individual subjects is strictly monitored month-wise and displayed on the notice board. On the basis of attendance alone, students can be debarred from appearing in internal examinations.
Rules regarding attendance under the CBCS system :
- A student attending at least 75% of the total number of classes* held shall be allowed to appear at the concerned Semester Examinations subject to fulfillment of other conditions laid down in the regulations.
- A student attending at least 60% but less than 75% of the total number of classes* held shall be allowed to appear at the concerned Semester Examinations subject to the payment of prescribed condonation fees and fulfillment of other conditions laid down in the regulations.
- A student attending less than 60% of the total number of classes* held shall not be allowed to appear at the concerned Semester Examinations and he/she has to pursue admission to the same Semester in the very next year for attending the classes and appearing at the said Semester Examination.
* Such attendance will be calculated from the date of commencement of classes or the date of admission, whichever is later.
Under CBCS marks distribution per Core, Generic Elective and DSE paper will be as follows :
|For Lab based subjects||For non-Lab based subjects|
|Attendance||10 marks||Attendance||10 marks|
|Internal Assessment||10 marks||Internal Assessment||10 marks|
|Practical||30 marks||Tutorial||15 marks|
|Theoretical||50 marks||Theoretical||65 marks|
- Each candidate must carry ID card every day and ID card & Fee Book on exam day.
- Attendance will be strictly monitored by the Attendance Committee. Students failing to meet CU-specified attendance criteria will not be allowed to fill in form for final examination.